awful

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Cyrus66's review of Carphone Warehouse

“awful”

Written on: 12/08/2014 by Cyrus66 (1 review written)

On Sunday 10th august my phone wasn't working and it said it was searching for signal all the time, I rang o2 and they told me to go to the shop where I purchased my phone, so on Monday 11th at 9.00 I went to the car phone warehouse Barry Holton road, where I spoke to a very nice man called martin he went through everything with me and just before he went on my insurance to claim on a new handset, he asked me if I had had a new phone from apple at all because the serial number was different on the system, he told me not to worry and just to get a reprint on a receipt from apple store, so I got a train to Cardiff apple shop with my nan what suffers with savvier asthma, we then waited and had the receipt reprinted I then went down stairs to the car phone warehouse Cardiff saint David's 2, where a young man named Tyler asked me an my nan to sit down and explain what had happened after I had explained he told us we had been given wrong information and the man in the car phone warehouse Barry 'did not know what he was talking about' and I quote.
he then said all he had to do was show to receipt to geek squad and it would be all done, 2 and a half hours went by where he said he couldn't fax it over as he had no fax machine where then he suggested to send it to geek squad myself, do I did so when I arrived back from leaving the store to contact to a open Wi-Fi, he said he was leaving to have a cigarette, and left me and my nan waiting 10/15 minutes, the way he was speaking to us and his tone of voice was awful, he had no care or consideration for the distance we had travelled or the amount of time we had spent in the store, we then got told to leave as there was nothing he could do we left the store still not having a more knowledge than we did after leaving the Barry car phone ware house Holton road, after being very annoyed after the way we were spoken to and treated we left the store and made our way back to the train station. Tuesday morning 10.00 we attend the Barry car phone warehouse once again and get told it will take 24 hours for the insurance to go on the system, hours from yesterday worked out that we could attend the car phone warehouse around 4.00 and it would be complete and I could collect my handset, I decided to call Geek squad my self to save a journey to see if the insurance and serial number had changed the lady on the phone said that it was completed, me and my nan went back to the shop then for the 4th time in 2 days and got told that it hadn't been completed and it will now take 72 hours to complete on to the system, I am disgusted in the service and will never suggest for anyone to have insurance with Geek squad or purchase a phone from car phone ware house Cardiff.

• cardiff

Branch Visited

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Lazymariabeth's Comment

Written on: 14/08/2014

carphone warehouse just pass the buck to the geek insurance without helping!!!! have never ever ever bought anything frm carphone warehouse before and after this never will again. they are quick to take your cash and any problems, you are on your own if you encounter any worries. geek squad is the worst. after 11 working days am still waiting for my insurance refund of £33.99 which was supposed to be refunded within 7 working days. when i called again few times they can't give me info as my one and only dob since i was born was apparently wrong!!!!!! carphone customer service couldn't help and i need apparently to go to the shop i bought the handset from to reset the dob. load of bull if you ask me. they can keep the money if they are that desperate and steal from their customers. when i spoke with someone the first time to get my refund they have all the details ok and next time i called to check up on my refund all of a sudden there is a problem with my details. i only have one dob since i was born so how could i have been soooo very stupid to give them the wrong one that i cant even remember giving to them in the first place!!!!! rubbish rubbish rubbish......