ok until the phone becomes faulty & they blame you

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Alexandra75's review of Carphone Warehouse

“ok until the phone becomes faulty and they blame you ”

Written on: 17/03/2014 by Alexandra75 (1 review written)

Bought a HTC one. great phone .next day delivery decent package.
All was fine until 5 months later when the phone went off and wouldn't start up again. Took it back and it was sent off to their geek squad to be repaired under warranty.
8 days later a voicemail left "your phone is ready to collect from our store " excellent I think and rush off to get it .
When I get there I'm told that no fault had been found in fact no fault had even been looked for and the reason a teeeny weeeny itty bitty scratch on the top of the outer casing . Physical damage invalidates the warranty WHAT?
Ok so can they fix it I ask only to be told they can but it will cost me 170quid.
Why they Didn't ring to at least offer me this option before they returned the handset is beyond me .
Of course I don't want to pay the ridiculous cost but what do I do with this 500 quid phone now. Would make. Nice paperweight perhaps .
Basically the advice im given is to take it to one of these market stall phone repair places but that it will invalidate my was warranty. My useless warranty that is.
After a week or so of feeling pretty hard done to and googling I decide to ring HTC directly and to my surprise they send ups the next day to collect my phone it's back with me within a week as good as new and it didn't cost me a penny.
Hooray for HTC repair centre !
Boo for carphone warehouse !