When things go wrong there's no help

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

likesgoodcustomerservice's review of Carphone Warehouse

“When things go wrong there's no help”

Written on: 11/02/2014 by likesgoodcustomerservice (1 review written)

Bought a Nexus 7 tablet for my son for Christmas, it broke after 3 weeks of using. Took it back to the Carphone Warehouse shop and mentioned that the details on the invoice were incorrect, it had someone else's name on it and also the wrong store where it was purchased. Luckily I had purchased with a credit card that clearly showed the correct store name on the invoice. They said they couldn't send it off for repair until this was sorted out, I told them I was never asked for details it was just scanned and given to me, they said they didn't need details for tablets that this was normal but couldn't explain how this other persons details were on the invoice.

They never returned calls or replied to emails, I went back to shop and another more helpful member of staff sent it off for repair. He said it is registered against this random persons name but he would send it off anyway and they would sort out invoice.

3 weeks later I still have no tablet and they haven't sorted invoice, they wouldn't give me information on what's happening as it's not registered in my name! They don't reply to emails or phone calls I have to keep going into the shop. Infuriating.

My son has no tablet and no idea when it is coming back. They wouldn't replace it when it broke because it was over 2 weeks old...surely tablets should last longer than 2 weeks, it obviously had a fault.

Terrible terrible service, not sure when we'll get tablet back if at all at this rate. Will never use the company again. Have never had this level of service anywhere. Nobody will answer questions we're left hanging not knowing what is going on. Disgraceful customer service.

What they don't seem to get is that I live in commuterville and have two kids and we are an IT kind of family that they could get lots of business from, it's a small town! Instead, I will do my best to warn people of the level of service this place offers when things go wrong and they will ultimately lose many customers, this could have been very different, I could be singing their praises if they returned a call and kept me informed of what is happening. Their loss, not a way to run a business.

• Haywards Heath

Branch Visited

• Nexus 7 tablet

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Likesgoodcustomerservice's Response to likesgoodcustomerservice's Review

Written on: 13/02/2014

UPDATE: ended up calling London - they sorted matter out for me extremely quickly, went to Crawley branch to pick up new tablet which they upgraded for me, couldn't have been more helpful between London and Crawley so everything worked out fine in the end. Pity Haywards Heath Branch manager couldn't see that good customer service goes a long way. Well done London and Crawley, thank you.

Stanley95's reply to Likesgoodcustomerservice's Comment

Written on: 26/02/2014

i am not suggesting this is the case for this issue but in the past i read in the news it had been discovered some companies had been selling returned goods as new items. I once bought a new mobile phone only to find there was someone else's photos on it! if your tablet was already registered to someone else... ? Mistakes happen!

Likesgoodcustomerservice's reply to Stanley95's Comment

Written on: 26/02/2014

interesting thought, you never know.