Shocking service - only use if you don't mind non payment

rachel.carter's review of iGadgets Recycled www.igadgetsrecycled.co.uk

“Shocking service - only use if you don't mind non payment”

Written on: 12/03/2014 by rachel.carter (1 review written)

Got an initial quote online that seemed marginally better than other companies so applied for my phone to be sent back for payment. A few days letter a pre-paid envelope arrived and I duly sent the phone off. So far so good.
I got an e-mail saying the phone exhibited signs of wear and tear and the value was deemed to have dropped by £44 which I felt was reasonable.
Here it all starts to go wrong.
No sign of a cheque so I had to contact the company and was told that I had been missed off the payment run and a new cheque would be issued immediately. Predictably this didn't turn up either so I was forced to contact the company again. This time they said that the 2 cheques had previously been issued (not their first excuse of missed payment runs). I then received yet another e-mail stating the phone was now worth even less as it was over 14 days since the initial quote, not surprising since they had now had it for 6 weeks. The price had dropped by another £10 as there was now more wear and tear, rather surprising since it had been in their "care". I suspect that their business model is to offer one price on line and make it standard practice to offer less regardless of the actual condition of the phone with the assumption that people will simply accept the decreased offer.
They also asked for my address again which is amazing as they must have surely had it to post 2 cheques if you can believe their story (if you do then you probably also believe in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy)

Avoid this shocking company like the plague as it is unlikely that you will ever receive your money and spend time chasing them

Energize62's Response to rachel.carter's Review

Written on: 12/03/2014

Just had the same experience. Sent an A1 condition handset with box, charger to them and they have offered me a revised price of 25% of the original offer. AVOID. I will be calling Trading Standards in the morning.