AVOID THIS SITE: BUT HERE IS ADVICE IF YOU ARE A VICTIM!!!!

Guest's review of Sell Old Phone - www.selloldphone.co.uk

“AVOID THIS SITE: BUT HERE IS ADVICE IF YOU ARE A...”

Written on: 23/09/2011

I sent off my blackberry to www.selloldphone.co.uk , I didn't use registered post, as the email I received afterwards seemed to suggest it wasn't necessary. After three weeks I had heard nothing. I emailed, had no reply. Became suspicious and found all these awful reviews. So I emailed him saying that I was going to contact authorities, watchdog etc and trading standards. Got a reply within 1 hour, just asking for my tracking number. We exchanged emails 4 or 5 times and all he ever asked was for my tracking royal mail number. I didn't have one. So essentially it is pretty difficult to prove he has it, although I would stake my life on the fact that he does.

Please do all of the following if this has happened to you:

Contact northumberland police and register your phone stolen: 03456043043

contact trading standards: 0191 424 7897 trading.standards@s-tyneside-mbc.gov.uk

contact watch dog: http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/gotastory/

If you have registered delivery you have more of a case and could launch a small claims court order which costs about £30 - I think I might do this out of principle, purely bcos I hate him.

His name is Alan Lynch, seems to run a view compare and recyle websites and selloldphone.co.uk. He also seems to run it with Linda Riley

9 Berkeley Close - this is home address I believe
Boldon
Tyne & Wear
NE35 9LQ

Greener Tomorrow Ltd - this is the house where all our phones are going
31 North Road
Boldon Colliery
NE35 9AX

Lastly if you don't do any of the above please please call the network provider and block the IMEI of the phone you have lost. This way they can block it and he won't to be able to use it, so hopefully won't gain much from having it, and I am hoping may one day be able to trace it back to him.

Good Luck! I HATE www.selloldphone.co.uk

Thanks

Guest's Comment

Written on: 04/10/2011

Thanks for all the information, I've sent 3 emails to him yesterday saying that I was going to trading standards, watchdog and the police and haven't had a reply he owes me £145, so I'm going to put your suggestions into practice.

Tazyoung's Comment

Written on: 30/11/2011

all the info is correct I've just searched him out on 192.com all I can say is god help him and anybody else involved