Rip-Off Merchants

Guest's review of Phone Recyclers - phonerecyclers.co.uk

“Rip-Off Merchants”

Written on: 27/02/2014

My wife and I sent our old phones, a Samsung S2 and HTC Desire, after given fairly good offers for them from phonerecyclers. Within 24 hours phonerecyclers had received the phones and devalued them both from their original offers. According to them the Samsung S2 had multiple scratches on the front and rear, however according to the shop in which the phone was upgraded it was in "immaculate condition" as it was hardly out of its protective sock. Shock, horror the same excuse came back for the devaluation of the HTC (which to be fair did have a few blemishes on it). After grudgingly agreeing to the new prices for both we were told by email the monies would be in the stated accounts within 24 hours. 8 days later still no money!!!!!
My wife's money has since been paid, I still await payment.
I wish now that we had read these reviews prior to sending the phones.

Joshears's Comment

Written on: 02/05/2014

I think the good reviews on here must have been written by Phone recyclers themselves. When you have a bad experience you sure as heck want to tell other people about it to warn them but who goes out of there way to find a review site just to say how good it was if what you got was what you were expecting in the first place?