Don't even think about using this company

IL75's review of Phone Recyclers - phonerecyclers.co.uk

“Don't even think about using this company”

Written on: 14/01/2014 by IL75 (1 review written)

They will use every excuse to devalue your phone, so don't for one minute think that the value quoted on the website will in any way reflect what you will be paid (or not). I accepted an offer on 19th December 2013 on some phones I'd sent, and as of 14th January 2014 am still waiting for payment, even though they state it would be issued within 48 hours. My advice would be to read reviews and recycle your phone(s) with a reputable company even if the offer is lower, as you're not going to get the full value from Phone Recyclers any way.

Tlear's Response to IL75's Review

Written on: 25/01/2014

I posted my Blackberry Bold 9900 to phonerecyclers.co.uk on Thursday 16th Jan 14 by special delivery, I had an email from them on the Saturday saying they had received my phone but that they were going to offer me £45 instead of the £60 I was expecting due to scratches and dents, I replied to the email an hour later saying I would accept the revised amount. They emailed back saying my order had been processed and that I would receive payment shortly. I am still waiting... I've emailed them 3 times since and called 3 times, every time I call I get the same foreign guy answering who I can barely understand. The first time I called he said I would receive payment by Friday (yesterday), when the money wasn't in my account that morning I called again, he told me that Friday hadn't finished yet, indicating it would go in later that day, by 3pm I was getting worried I had been scammed so I called back again and he told me he was 101% certain I would receive my payment by the end of the day, needless to say I am still waiting, I emailed them last night and will call again on Monday. It cost me £10 to send the phone (printing off the label, jiffy bag, bubble wrap and special delivery postage), I only used this company instead of a more reputable company like mazuma because they were offering me twice what mazuma were offering me, but now even if I do get my money I'm only going to be £5 better off than if I'd used Mazuma and wouldn't have had all the hassle of chasing up my money either. This has taught me a valuable lesson! If it seems too good to be true then it probably is!

Joshears's reply to Tlear's Comment

Written on: 02/05/2014

I think the good reviews on here must have been written by Phone recyclers themselves. When you have a bad experience you sure as heck want to tell other people about it to warn them but who goes out of there way to find a review site just to say how good it was if what you got was what you were expecting in the first place?