Don't get RIPPED OFF

omellete42's review of Money For Your Phone - www.moneyforyourphone.com

“Don't get RIPPED OFF”

Written on: 03/06/2013 by omellete42 (1 review written)

I was offered £74 for a HTC Sensation in good condition. I also sent them the box, unopened headphones, manual and charger.

When they received it they emailed to say they had revised the offer due to large number of scratches on the screen and dirt in screen. The new offer was £43.

I rejected this so they gave me a new offer of £50 which again I rejected and the phone was returned.

When I got it back I could see there were a few small scratches as you expect on a second had phone but they were not deep scratches that were not easily visible. I hadn't noticed the dirt behind the screen until I got it back which gives you an idea of how much dirt we are talking about. This goes to show how granular they have gone to reduce the offer.

In my opinion, if you expect to get the asking price PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY unless your phone is completely spotless. I believe they will take the smallest thing and over exaggerate to bring the offer down. By this point you will be out of pocket the postal fees. You do have the option to sent your phone free post but is it really worth the risk?

Also, they did not return the box, headphones, manual and charger. When questioned, I was told they had immediatly been disposed of but that was my fault as it says so in the T&Cs.

I found their level of customer service to be shocking. They did not respond to my emails when asking about the box and other accessories and the call queuing system kept telling me to press 1 to stay in the queue every 20 seconds. I had to call 2 minutes before their closing time in order to get through to someone.

This was my experience so you have been warned.

Visit moneyforyourphone.com

Shmeeve's Response to omellete42's Review

Written on: 10/06/2013

Someone's bitter 'cause they didn't read the terms & conditions - one bad experience does not equal a bad company, unluckyyyyyyyyy

moneyforyourphone.com