Two phones sent so far...all ok

ellis456's review of Fonebank -

“Two phones sent so far...all ok”

Written on: 09/01/2012 by ellis456 (14 reviews written)

I first tried fonebank a month or so ago using an old phone worth only £4, I used the freepost option as it's ok upto £34 or so. I got confirmation it has arrived within a few days and payment into my bank account in 2 days.

My last phone I sent them on the 28/12/11 was worth a bit more £34, anyway I used the freepost option as I said above again ok up to the value of £34. I started to worry when a week had past and my account was still showing pending, I rang and they said it had not arrived, anyway I left it another week and finally got an email that they had received it and the money would be in my account within 2 days. I have just checked and it is indeed there.

My advice to anyone using fonebank is this, send your phone recorded delivery, I was panicking mine had gone astray/stolen, if I sent another I would use recorded, I have heared phones arnt even compensated under the freepost option! which if true is crazy.

I would not advise freepost even if you do have a certificate of postage.