Wish i had read reviews on this company before using them!

Guest's review of Envirofone - www.envirofone.com

“Wish i had read reviews on this company before using them!”

Written on: 08/05/2014

Envirophone's 'testing' service is appalling! Both my dad and I sent our iphone 4's to them (separately), both in v good condition and full working order. My dad got a message saying that testing had found considerable damage to the LCD screen and reduced his offer of £91 to £9. He wrote them a strongly worded email and insisted they either pay him the full amount or send the phone back, to which they offered to 'retest' the phone. They still claimed that the screen was damaged but now said it was minor and agreed to pay the full amount. So overall good outcome but had he not argued it, it wouldn't have been.

They claimed that my phone was 'water damaged' - which it absolutely was not. I had been very careful with this phone having dropped a previous iphone in a bucket of water! They offered me £59 which I considered, just for pure convenience, however out of principle I asked them to return the phone to me as I believe they make up faults to be able to lower the price.

When I received the phone however - I was not convinced it was mine as there were numerous additional scratches and scuffs on it. I checked the IMEI number which was correct but pictures I had taken prior to sending it to them confirmed that there was considerably more damage. So either they put my phone back in the wrong case or have damaged my phone whilst it was in their care. I will be putting in a complaint as its value has now certainly decreased for resale elsewhere!

Visit envirofone.com