Avoid envirofone go elsewhere

Guest's review of Envirofone - www.envirofone.com

“Avoid envirofone go elsewhere”

Written on: 04/03/2014

i recently sold an iphone 4s 32GB to envirofone, they intially gave me a value price of £120 after paying £7 to send it to them special delivery, they tested the phone (which i have had for well over 2years and works perfectly in every aspect) and they said it had water damage, this was indicated by a marker in the headphone socket, however the phone has never been water damaged and if you plug headphones in you hear the music playing perfectly. The revised price was £60... for a perfectly fine 32GB iphone... C'mon Envirofone your having a laugh. They need to stop qouting prices they wont pay out and stop taking peoples perfectly good phines and saying they are faulty.. Now i have to wait up to 14 days for my phone back as i wasnt excepting £60. If anyone is thinking of selling their iphone to envirophone... Two words... THINK AGAIN!!!!

Visit envirofone.com

Suzy1979's Comment

Written on: 06/03/2014

Same thing happened to me. I was offered £125 for my iPhone 4S 32GB, which upon their recommendation - I posted 'Special Delivery' at a cost of almost £7.

They received the phone quickly - I will give them that. They emailed me the same day with the same as you (probably a pre-written blurb), that upon testing the phone, they said it was 'water damaged in the headphone socket', which I believe to be complete BS. I was offered a revised price of £62, which I rejected. When I sent the phone off to them, there wasn't 1 mark, 1 scratch and it certainly wasn't water damaged, because it has never been near water or moisture. It was in mint condition and had been in a case since the day I got it. I had been using it until the day I posted it and the phone was only less than 18 months old.

I think it's obvious they are scamming customers, because they don't want to pay the full value of the phone. Reading this review site - I don't believe anyone has 'successfully' sold an iPhone through them, which suggests they are up to no good. I will be taking them to Trading standards, because something fishy is definitely going on with this company.

God knows what sort of condition my phone will return in after they have probably 'tampered with it'!

I had used them a couple of years ago with no issues, so didn't read any new reviews, but my god I wish I had.

Nikkimaguire's Comment

Written on: 06/03/2014

Snap! I have had same issue today, offer went from £125 to £80 due to 'water damage.' My phone was in perfect working order, never had any damage, as good as new. Paid for the special delivery too. Still, not accepting the offer out of principle and will use Mazuma, as I have done many many times with no problem. Stay well clear of Envirophone!

envirofone.com