Beware: Dodgy Company Hiding Behind Slick Web & Email Copy

S.Parkes's review of Cash My Fone - www.cashmyfone.co.uk

“Beware: Dodgy Company Hiding Behind Slick Web & Email Copy”

Written on: 04/07/2013 by S.Parkes (1 review written)

I sent my 2 good as new iPhone 4's 16GB (both had screen protectors on front and back and had been kept in a case and used very lightly). I was quoted £209 for each phone on the website. Luckily due to the value I sent them RM Special Delivery so had tracking and proof of delivery.

I started to worry when I hadn't heard anything for 2 weeks, they are IMPOSSIBLE to contact, no one answers the phone or replies to emails. In frustration I spoke to Trading Standards to report them and left the company a voicemail to let the know this is what I had done.

Surprisingly I received an email from them 2 days later to say they had just received my phone, even though the tracking number said it had been signed for over 2 weeks ago.

I then immediately received an email to say that as per their terms and conditions due to excessive wear and tear they would have to deduct 10% from the original quoted sales price. This is a load of rubbish as the phones were pristine and their T&Cs say they will only deduct 10% for "Excessive" wear and tear.

Anyway I accepted their counter offer because I just wanted an end to dealing with them because the whole process has been a nightmare.

I did get the money 48 hours later as promised but will NEVER deal with this company again.

Be warned although their quote looks attractive compared to other companies you will never receive this price and I would strongly suggest that you check out their T&Cs and if you still want to risk it then send your phone using a tracked service otherwise the likelihood you will hear from them after you have sent your phone is slim.

General advice - avoid this company.

Visit cashmyfone.co.uk