Customer services =rude

• Signal Coverage

Sarahren's review of Orange - www.orange.co.uk

“Customer services =rude”

Written on: 04/03/2013 by Sarahren (1 review written)

Went in to my local store for an upgrade that orange had previously called me to advise I was entitled to. Also by calling 150 it states I'm due on. Went in store and everything went smoothly. I fact the guy that served me was a credit to the company. Larry at Bristol broadmead. Himself and what I think was his manager were excellent and really know what good customer service is and infact need to be recognised. I hope someone from the company reads this and gives larry and his manager praise. Anyway I upgraded and as was upgrading to an iPhone 5 was told I needed a new sim and in 24 hours my number would go on to it. That's fine. I have infront of me now a UPGRADE confirmation. However 24 hours passed and number not transferred over. Called 150 and spoke to someone's name I didn't catch. I explained it hadn't been changed over and could he please do this. He said no. The store hadn't advised it was an upgrade so he couldn't. I advised I have the paperwork in front of me stating its an UPGRADE and have all relevant details he needed. He wouldn't help and bluntly said well your old phone still works doesn't it. I advised that's not the point I have the upgrade infront of me and I want to use my new phone I just spent 70.00 of my money on. I was told it would have a temp number and would change over. That's all I want. Who wants to carry 2 phones. He said they must of entered in to a new contract. No. Again upgrade infront of me. Has my same number and everything on there. Has my account details that I didn't give to the store. So how I entered a new contract with no utility bills that are needed along with Id and not giving account details etc is beyond me. I told him he was most unhelpful. To my own annoyance I had to put the phone down on him before I said something I would of regretted. I then called again and spoke to another guy who again point blank refused to help. Apparently there store is a third party. Strange. Has there name on the front and I'm pretty sure you have to advertise or have some kind of signage somewhere to say they act on behalf of a third party. If not you are falsely getting people in a store that Tom d**kand Harry own. I told them my work hours exceeded opening hours of the store so cannot go down. The first guy so politely told me 'you have a lunch break don't you'. All I want is MY number put on the upgrade phone. Yet no I now have to take time off work tomorrow to call the store to get this sorted. I work in a call centre doing exactly the same job and would never dream of being so rude and sarcastic to someone who is begging for my help. I've always spoke fondly of orange and have been a loyal customer for many years. If I don't get this sorted by tomorrow I will be calling to make an official complaint. I only dead to think that will go. Mis selling a contract. Paying for a phone I can't use. Having a black and white upgrade contract stating my number will be transferred. The 2 people I spoke to need some serious training is customer service. I only hope they don't ever need to call someone and get a responce lien they gave me. In fact I do. And I hope they feel as angry and frustrated as I do. I hope they get the sack.

• Over 1 Year