Orange refund after talking to real people

• Signal Coverage

dingding1's review of Orange - www.orange.co.uk

“Orange refund after talking to real people”

Written on: 20/08/2012 by dingding1 (8 reviews written)

Firstly, this is a positive review, but one as a result of being screwed in the first place! (so I will do a negative one also?)
Orange sold me a SIM as part of a package then charged me £15/month for 18 months without me knowing about it. When I tracked down the anonymous looking Direct Debit, and linked it back to this SIM I had never used, I contacted Orange.

So the good thing is - getting through to a real customer support person always seems to be OK with Orange. Hence this review. Yes you have to navagate some IVR menus, but you get there (took about 5mins) and they were able to see the problem, match the facts and agreed to a full refund and sent a cheque. I was just grateful I didn't have to shout and holler to get that far.

I think that is worth a good review - its not the same on some of the other networks.

• Over 1 Year

Time with Network

• Signal Coverage

Nonorangefan's Response to dingding1's Review

Written on: 21/08/2012

Ding ding, you're lucky! I too have been overcharged by Orange and, whilst they accept the fact, currently refuse to do anything about it. I've spent hours on the phone being pushed from pillar to post, from supervisor to team leader to manager etc. I think their plan is to hope that I give up ... they're going to be disappointed.