The futures not bright with Orange

• Signal Coverage

dennis66's review of Orange - www.orange.co.uk

“The futures not bright with Orange”

Written on: 16/06/2012 by dennis66 (4 reviews written)

I took out a contract with Orange. After a few days I had problems with network coverage. I contacted Orange Customer Services to raise my concerns, they told me that the coverage was excellent in my postcode. They advised that it must be the handset that was at fault.

The handset was exchanged just after the 14 day exchange/cancellatiin period. When I tried the new handset it still had poor to nil coverage. I spoke to Customer Services again, this time they put me through to tech supoort they told me that my postcode was in a void and it wasnt the handset that was faulty.

I explained that their coverage checker stated the I had excellent coverage. They were not interested, I am stuck with a contract for 24 months that I cant use.

• 0 - 6 Months

Time with Network

• Signal Coverage

Emi-Lou's Response to dennis66's Review

Written on: 09/08/2012

Under the Supply of Goods and Services Act, you are entitled to a reasonable service, which you are not receiving, so you have the right to cancel your contract. If they still insist you can't, just quote the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1994. This basically backs up your claim, because you're paying for a service they're not giving, making it unfair.
I'm currently in the middle of cancelling my contract with them, for the same reasons, using these acts for help!