Giffgaff is OK

• Signal Coverage

gslack's review of GiffGaff - www.giffgaff.com

“Giffgaff is OK”

Written on: 08/02/2012 by gslack (46 reviews written)

Had been with Vodafone for 14 years (since March 1997). For the last 5 years, have tended to buy my own 'phones and stick to SIM only plans. I hate the latest 24 month contracts - the 'phones don't last that long!

Decided that I wanted a smartphone so bought an iPhone 4S. Vodafone were quoting me crazy SIM only prices (even though I've 3 other family 'phones with them). Gave up in the end trying to explain that I owned the 'phone so therefore give me a decent price.

Before switching to Giffgaff entirely, I tried their SIM in my iPhone. Tried it for a month whilst using Vodafone on my 'main' phone. Once familiarised, got my PAC from Vodafone and the number transferred seamlessly on the date requested.

If you want flexibility (PAYG and monthly contract in one) and sensible pricing, Giffgaff is fine.

The only thing so far that irritates me, is the voicemail voice-over who tries to be ever so COOL when he's not!

All-in-all, I'm happy using this cheap no frills service.

• 0 - 6 Months