Avoid like the plague!!! Protect your bubble are appalling

• Customer service

chayhunter's review of Protect Your Bubble - www.protectyourbubble.com

“Avoid like the plague!!! Protect your bubble are appalling”

Written on: 10/09/2012 by chayhunter (1 review written)

Like many others on this site, I initially rated Protect Your Bubble 5 stars immediately after purchasing the insurance online (I believe they had a competition running which tempted me to do so).

Fair enough... the cover is great value and the website is easy to use, but the cheap price is reflected as soon as you actually try to make a claim. I was made to wait six weeks for a replacement for my iPhone 4S - 2 of those weeks I couldn't even get through to a customer service rep, trying 4 times a day to get through.
I cannot count the amount of times I was left on hold for over 15 mins only to be disconnected.

Now this is the second time that I am claiming (they make you pay the entire premium up front after the first claim, by the way), and I thought maybe it was just a one off bad experience - that I'd caught them at an odd time with low staff (as I was told). I have sent off all of my form details, the claim was accepted and I was told I would be contacted for a "three way call with my network in 48 hours". It's now approaching 3 weeks and no one has even bothered to update me.

After all of this I wish I'd just shelled out the extra £10 for proper insurance. I’ve always had it with my network previously and had a replacement phone within a week. If you can afford to be paying for a phone and contract for 2 months without making use of either then go for it. If not… avoid like the plague. Protect your bubble are a terrible company. Don't believe the adverts on TV; PYB have grown far too big for their boots.

Have you made a claim?

• Customer service

Visit protectyourbubble.com

Ash-Pyb's Response to chayhunter's Review

Written on: 11/09/2012

Dear Chay,

We are really sorry to hear you've experienced delays with your claim.
Whilst I do not know the finer details the claims team do have processes they must follow when investigating a claim, although these should not take an unreasonable amount of time.

Please be reassured we will look into this for you with the claims team. You can email me directly on aisha.raza@protectyourbubble.com

I look forward to hearing back from you.
Kind Regards