Floureon 14000mAH portable battery backup from WMicro.co.uk

From 1 review

Leader1's review of Mobile Device Backup Battery

Mobile Device Backup Battery

“Floureon 14000mAH portable battery backup from...”

Written on: 30/04/2014 by Leader1 (0 reviews written)

As a seasoned journalist reviewer, I bought this device with some scepticism. I was interested in the most power I could get in a slim pocketable device that would even fit in a jeans pocket and still have access to the lead ports.

Initially after charging the device the first time, I was struck by the short run time which I estimated to be no better than the run time of a New Trent 10000mAh device. I did however like the twin ports and was immediately impressed by the speed of charging my devices (mainly iPhone but others also) including topping up the iPad which takes a lot of juice.

My reason for giving this device a five star rating is due to the fact that as I recharged the battery it got better each time until after several times I was extremely impressed with the run time, if not the time taken to charge it. In this respect I think it must be noted that charging 14000mAH is going to take at least 40% longer than charging 10000mAh device. Furthermore, internally the device is equipped with high quality Samsung Li-Po batteries - not a lump of lithium polymer dough of unknown quantity.

My recommendation: BUY IT

If you want a very powerful battery in a neat slim package with a beautiful glossy finish enabling it to slide in and out of a pocket easily, this ought to be your first choice. There is however something else important and that is the service from the supplier. I contacted them about the poor initial performance and they were brilliant. Not only did they explain why that happens with a brand new lithium polymer battery, but they also said if it does not improve they would replace it no questions asked. This is a supplier worth dealing with because their attitude and customer service ethos were excellent. I am sure you can find WMicro.co.uk on ebay.

I am known as Leader 1 here, but you may also see items signed off by Leader 2, who is my colleague. We test and write for Intelligent Reviews in the UK.