iPhone 5 Aura case is beautiful but fragile

From 1 review

Guest's review of iSkin - www.iskin.com

iSkin - www.iskin.com

“iPhone 5 Aura case is beautiful but fragile”

Written on: 23/04/2013

I purchased a green iPhone 5 Aura case from iSkin.com for $40. I instantly loved the look of the case as soon as I first saw it on their website, and I even waited 3-4 weeks for them to get that colour in stock (even though other colours were available) before placing my order. Once I received my case, I was initially very happy with it, particularly because it looked exactly the way it was shown in pictures. I put it on my iPhone 5, and let it be for a few days. Then, one day I had to remove the case from my phone to switch SIM cards, and despite being VERY careful in the removal process, I still managed to crack the case. In trying to pull the case off, I managed to create a think hair-line fracture on the back of the case in the region directly above the camera lens. I contacted iSkin.com and explained the situation, and they did send me a new identical case. I used that case for a few months, then one day I dropped my phone by accident, and guess what? My case fractured, again, in the EXACT same spot: directly above the camera lens, and it was the exact same type of crack. My conclusion is that there is a weak spot in this case, and it cracks easily. Way too easy for a $40 case. Customer service is great, but their product quality could be better.