JML halogen cooker lamp replacement

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

johnoakhurst's review of JML Halogen Oven

JML Halogen Oven

“JML halogen cooker lamp replacement”

Written on: 23/11/2012 by johnoakhurst (1 review written)

I said I recommend the oven but with reservations. The oven itself is brilliant but the lamp often blows and difficult to replace. I said difficult but not impossible although JML make the item in such a way that they say only a qualified electrician should do the job. However it can be done by a serious diy man.

Remove the metal housing holding the fan blades. The main problem is removing the fan blades as the nut and centre spindle go around together and it is not possible to hold the spindle. Carefully unclip the lamp and move to one side with the wires attached. Cut a groove in the centre of the spindle with a small hacksaw which enables one to hold the spindle with a screwdriver and turn the nut. The fan can be removed along with the various casings. The lamp has 2 black wires, one goes to the connectors with the green wire and the other with the blue wire. Carefully make a note which is which. Disconnect the old lamp and repace with the new. Reconnect everything.

Sounds difficult but actually quite straight forward once the spindle is held and the fan blades removed.

• More than 1 year

Owned Product For:

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

Fixthedamnlamp's Response to johnoakhurst's Review

Written on: 12/01/2013

I am assuming Andrew James Halogen Oven is similar to the JML One. I searched everywhere and the above described is a brilliant idea, but the bolt on my oven was too rusted and stubborn for the above idea to work. I injured myself trying to hold the fan and blade made a cut on my finger. Its then I felt the company guy wouldnt try to remove that fan bolt and there must be something easier. I removed the other three pillar like screws[dont know the technical name] which hold the casing and the lamp in place. Now is the tricky part. Slightly move the base which holds the glass plate. Once the glass plate is moved, the wiring which holds the lamps is loosened. Dont worry about the fan blades getting bent slightly. This will make some space to pull the wiring from inside. There is plastic like socket where in the wired socket from lamp is suppose to go. Slightly and carefully pull the plastic casing out and remove the old lamp from it. Now connect the new lamp socket into it. This is just like putting a USB stick in the laptop, you cant put it wrong, it wont go in. So you need not worry about red or black wires at all [Andrew James not sure if its similar in JML]. Now reconnect everything again. I wish I captured a video or an image to post here but I was in too hurry to get this done and in no mood to repeat the same. I hope this helps because I understand how you feel when you desperate to fix it somehow. Thanks.

Corsan's reply to Fixthedamnlamp's Comment

Written on: 09/08/2013

Thank you for the advise. My JML lamp stoped working yesterday and im trying to find a replacement for it, i dont mind doing it myself so your advise is good. Thank you.