Horrible wine waiter

• Food - quality & variety

• Entertainment on board

G-ROAR's review of Royal Caribbean, Independence of the Seas

“Horrible wine waiter”

Written on: 07/01/2012 by G-ROAR (2 reviews written)

Bought the drinks package for my wife and I which costs $1,000. Over 11 nights that is expensive as we are not big drinkers but seemed like a good idea at the time. Even though all drinks were free it didn't include bottles of wine with meals.
We were on the cruise with my 85 year old parents.
What really upset me was I used my card to get 2 brandies after our evening meal on one and one only occasion and I gave one to my father. The wine waiter who served me was lurking in the background and as soon as he saw this he came over. In front of everyone - we were on a table of 10, he told me that what I had done was against the rules and that if it happened again I would be reported to the restaurant manager. I was mortified and he ruined my cruise.
The next night our head waitress, who was lovely, spoke to me privately and said he was completely out of order and she was very sorry. She knew I was upset but the damage had been done.
In April we are booked on the QM2 to sail from Singapore to Southampton on which we will be treated with more respect.
Last time I travel with royal Caribbean. The wine waiter is an IDIOT. He has cost royal Caribbean alot of money.
He should become a traffic warden. So unnecessary. .

• October 2011

• Food - quality & variety

• Entertainment on board

Kingsheathpatron's Response to G-ROAR's Review

Written on: 14/05/2012

Thank you for the insight , such a shame that this happened