Spares woes

M1774's review of Braun Contour Series 5875 Foil Shaver

Braun Contour Series 5875 Foil Shaver

“Spares woes”

Written on: 13/02/2013 by M1774 (1 review written)

I've used many shavers over the last 60 years, and always gone back to Braun, which give me a nice shave, but the Contour 5875 has a poor design of trimmer, it is awkward to see what one is doing whilst trimming, and the whole trim assembly fell to bits one day. I could see how it had been put together but it wouldn't retain its position, and is now bound up with duct tape - but it still works.

However, today I noticed that there were two holes in the foil and have tried to purchase a replacement - Ha Ha, gothca ! It is only possible to purchase a double pack of foil and cutter. I don't need a new cutter, and by the time I do the second foil will probably be ready to replace, too. Consumerism at its best -or should that be worst ? Not happy.

Emmceepee's Response to M1774's Review

Written on: 09/04/2013

Try Shaver Shack in Stoke-on-Trent. They replaced the trimmer on my 5875 for less than the cost of a new foil/cutter and can probably do you just a foil. I have a 'phone no. for them - 01782 283271