DONT LISTEN TO THE SNOBS

• Food - quality & variety

• Entertainment on board

Guest's review of Island Cruises, Island Escape

“DONT LISTEN TO THE SNOBS”

Written on: 17/07/2013

Went on the Island Escape w/c 09/07/13 for 1week. Did not hear one person complain about food,drinks or anything. I was on this ship 3 years ago and was very surprised at reading some recent reviews and was a bit apprehensive as my mother is a very fussy eater. Breakfast was amazing never went for lunch as at 4pm they serve lovely sandwiches and the dinners were also varied and plentiful. I have been on other ships and yes they offer more selections but for the layout of the ship they do they're best. The ship was always being cleaned. Only thing I would have complained about was the people who think they can go into the dining area's without using the handwash but they were always stopped and asked to use the antibacterial washes. This is a tired old ship if you want 5 star pay the price. The ship is clean food good entertainment staff work tirelessly and put on some great entertainment as for noro virus you can get that anywhere as long as you use the handwashes you will reduce chances of catching anything. People are always quick to complain but never quick to praise.

• 09/7/13

• Food - quality & variety

• Entertainment on board

Atseahaha's Comment

Written on: 28/07/2013

Having just read your review I would like to respond . My wife and I were on this ship 21/5/13 to 4/6/13 this being our third time and I would not consider myself to be a snob I am a working class person. I totally agree that the entertainment was first class, but unfortunately the food was not warm, people did not always use the hand sanitizer and there was a lot of norovirus about some people very sick and a lot of couples with one person not well and the other doing things on their own. The cabin stewards do a fantastic job but some work is needed in the cabin area especially the toilet, cracked perspex in the shower,shower head split and leaking,soap dish that badly tarnished it could never look clean. If you had been on the ship this fortnight I think you're review would have read totally different,I am glad you had a nice time.