Horror on the ferry

• Food - quality & variety

• Entertainment on board

Tazbunny's review of Island Cruises, Island Escape

“Horror on the ferry”

Written on: 05/06/2013 by Tazbunny (1 review written)

First I would like to say Thompson and Island cruises have no right to call the boat a cruise ship. It is a converted car ferry and needs to be scrapped. We were on there on the 21st May for a weeks cruise and a week stay. When we left Palma we had rough seas that night and all the next day, the sick bags were out and being used a lot. That Friday evening 24th May is one I will never forgot. The Captain should never have left port that night we were in a force 12 gale and the seas were extremely rough. We have been told he was told not to go. When the boat started listing we were on deck 8 I was thrown into a call and split my knee, I really thought we were going over. The grand piano flipped over, the library crashed to the floor, good job no one was under it they would have been killed. What ever wasn't bolted down went flying. Lots of people were injured and one person had a heart attack and was airlifted off. Lots of families got off and went home t the next port. Thompson have insulted us and offered us £100 voucher off next holiday, I was injured so will seek more. I think all who were on there should stick together and fight Thompson.

• 21/05/13

• Food - quality & variety

• Entertainment on board

Andi1945's Response to Tazbunny's Review

Written on: 05/06/2013

I was on this cruise with my friend and it was a nightmare when the captain made that sharp turn and the boat listed I was thrown about my cabin on deck 6. I have severe arthritis and the way I was thrown exacerbated my condition. To make matters worse . I contracted the Noro Virus and was confined to my cabin with my friend. I will be speaking to a lawyer about what happened.I also think we should stick together so I am giving you my email address andrinathomson@sky.com and you have my permission to use my name. I will let you all know how I get on with my lawyer. Good luck

Tazbunny's reply to Andi1945's Comment

Written on: 06/06/2013

Nev1962's reply to Andi1945's Comment

Written on: 07/06/2013

This was our 1st ever cruise .
Nobody can control the weather but the decision to set sail in such appaling weather was questionable indeed . The only reason i can think off was it was purely economical not wanting to pay berthing fees for the night.
My wife and i were in the Ocean Theatre went the "incident " occured.
There were tables ,chairs and people thrown all over the place , one actually landed on my wife. I too believe the initial response was lacking in urgency. My email is njc2012@me.com for anyone wishing to carry the fight towards Thompson's

Ratbag508's reply to Andi1945's Comment

Written on: 09/06/2013

i to was on this ship (ferry)and it was awful we were on deck 10 when it happened and all i could see was the ship going side ways it was frightening and we were hanging on to a table for dear life so we wouldnt fall i then saw a lady in her chair go right across the deck it was not nice at all then on the monday i caught the novo virus we was going home the next day i dont know how i got home but i did i was not going to stay on that ship another day it was a awful holiday and now i feel as though we have been cheated on having a nice holiday never go back on the island escape again let me know how you get on with your lawyers and then we got a 100 pound pp for next holiday with thomson thats before we put a complaint in which we will be doing

Andi1945's reply to Ratbag508's Comment

Written on: 09/06/2013

I have contacted a lawyer and am waiting on him getting back. To me I will let you all know what he says. I have printed out all the comments on the review forum and hopefully these will help. I think you all should print them off for future reference Take care everybody

Zandie1's Response to Tazbunny's Review

Written on: 27/06/2013

Hi I have just received an email from Thomson telling me that the after travel team are now dealing with complaints and the 28 day limit to deal with complaints have been extended to 36 days because they are so busy

Chrissyb5's reply to Zandie1's Comment

Written on: 06/07/2013

Hi I was also on this cruise. I agree with every other comment posted I have also not got very far with Thomson in fact the letter I received from them was very condescending. Have any of you had any joy regarding the lawyers.i would be very happy to add my details and join forces.

Zandie1's reply to Chrissyb5's Comment

Written on: 09/07/2013

I still haven't got any further with my complaint. Firstly they said I would hear within 28 days, then they said it would be 36 days because they had so many complaints to deal with. Its now 39 days and I have now spoken to the after travel team, who told me they have not received a complaint off me. I kept copies of emails I sent and have now sent them off to them, and it will now take another 28 days. They also said they offered me £100 off the next holiday and I said that was a total insult and will not accept it. I will not give up, no matter how long it takes, they do not suspend the captain of the ship for nothing!!!

Zandie1's Response to Tazbunny's Review

Written on: 27/06/2013

Agree 100% with this report It was a holiday from hell and Thomsons dont want to know about it

Hazelsnats's Response to Tazbunny's Review

Written on: 19/06/2013

I was on board this ship too on that dreadful night and I would be very interested in finding out how you got on with your solicitor on the tramatic incident my email address is vindel@eircom.net thanks

Zandie1's reply to Hazelsnats's Comment

Written on: 27/06/2013

Me to I cant get anywhere with Thomson they wont acknowledge any correspondence I've made since the insulting £100 of the next holiday with them.my email is s.woodford@talktalk.net

Sheila31's Response to Tazbunny's Review

Written on: 13/06/2013

I think Thomson have admitted fault by offering us £100 off our next holiday, if they are innocent why offer money back, I think there should be a full inquiry, and am I right in saying another captain replaced the one on the ship at the end of this cruise

Andi1945's reply to Sheila31's Comment

Written on: 13/06/2013

I didn't hear about this but if it's true it does help our case. If anybody has more information regarding the captain's removal or not please let me know.

Andi1945's Response to Tazbunny's Review

Written on: 11/06/2013

Contact [name removed] she's no win no fee. The more people who contact her the better our chance of getting reimbursed for what was a horror cruise.

Andi1945's reply to Andi1945's Comment

Written on: 13/06/2013

The review centre will not allow me to give you the name of the lawyer that is dealing with my case hence the name removed on my messages. If you want the name of said lawyer then please email me at andrinathomson@sky.com and I will give you the details

Emmett1988's Response to Tazbunny's Review

THE GREAT ESCAPE
Lucky to be alive I have not been contacted about any discount and will certainly not be accepting 100 pound any info on how to take the fight to Thomson and how you have been advised by your solicitors would be of great help.

Tazbunny's reply to Emmett1988's Comment

Written on: 10/06/2013

E mail me mels1234@ntlworld.com I will give you legal name and number

Andi1945's reply to Emmett1988's Comment

Written on: 11/06/2013

Please contact [name removed]. She will help us.

12Sandra34's Response to Tazbunny's Review

Written on: 08/06/2013

I was also on that ship,got my feet cut with glass from the bar,totally agree with you there is no way I will be taking £100 of next Holliday