SHOULD RENAME SHIP "LUCKY TO ESCAPE"

• Food - quality & variety

• Entertainment on board

JJDOB's review of Island Cruises, Island Escape

“SHOULD RENAME SHIP "LUCKY TO ESCAPE"”

Written on: 01/06/2013 by JJDOB (1 review written)

THOMPSON ISLAND ESCAPE

We totally agree with everything that has already been said. On Friday 24th May we honestly felt we were going to die!! The captain took a ridiculous decision to leave the port knowing full well it was far too dangerous to do so!!! Hence nearly turning the ship over. We were in the dinning room when it happened and every plate,glass wine bottle smashed everywhere. We left the restaurant to find people being carried out, helped out and wheeled out in wheelchairs. Lots of people receiving nasty injuries. We were given no apologies and next to no explanation!!! The next day we were on an excersion in which the rep said she didn't think we were going to arrive and that when we did we should not have entered that port as once again far too dangerous, she said she had watched our arrival and thought we would not make it!!!!

As if this wasn't enough my husband contracted Norovirus the evening before we were traveling home. He was so ill and we had to contact the GP on arrival home who had to treat him and was very close to hospitalizing him to be placed on a drip!! Apparently passengers where aware of this on the ship but nobody had the decency to let us know!!

The food was so poor and the staff were not at all happy on this ship as many told us!!

We have been on many Thompson cruises and have loved every minute of them but this ship is a different ball game. It was once a ferry and I think it should return to one or better still it should be scrapped!! It is so dated and far from clean.

NEVER NEVER AGAIN!!!!!

• Food - quality & variety

• Entertainment on board

Andi1945's Response to JJDOB's Review

Written on: 04/06/2013

You experienced the same as myself and I am still not over the Noro Virus and have lost a stone in weigh and my doctor has confirmed the weight loss is due to the Noro Virus. I am definitely seeing my lawyer.