Terrible customer service

SP0006's review of JoJo Maman Bebe www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk

JoJo Maman Bebe www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk

“Terrible customer service ”

Written on: 13/02/2014 by SP0006 (1 review written)

I bought a coat advertised as a "fully waterproof" raincoat. On our first outing in the the rain in near freezing temperatures i returned home to find that the rain had penetrated the coat so the fleece lining and my little 18 old girl were sodden which was quite upsetting. I have been appalled at the customer service reponse which has been indifferent, defensive and patronsing. I have repeatedly been told how nobody else has made such a complaint, been questioned to the effect that i have somehow misused the coat and nobody seems a bit concerned or sorry. They wont refund or exchange until i send the coat back for 'testing' leaving my daughter with no winter coat - they suggested i buy another one! I basically feel like they are suggesting that i am lying or simply incompetant. Not what consumers expect these days. I had a faulty item from John Lewis recently - it was instantly replaced and i was told to throw the inferior item away. It was accompanied by an apology too! I know where i will be shopping in future: somewhere where customers are valued and respected.