ITCHY SWOLLEN EYES

Guest's review of Maybelline Great Lash Mascara

Maybelline Great Lash Mascara

“ITCHY SWOLLEN EYES”

Written on: 11/01/2014

This mascara SUCKS. My eyes were so swollen today that I couldn't hardly open them, this mascara made my eyes super itchy and red and it was awful, how has this product not been recalled yet?!?! Something in the formula is setting everyone off and making everyone's eyes itch! I know two other people who had the same problem! Take this stuff off the shelves before someone goes blind!

• A couple of hours

• Ease of Application

• Ease of Removal

Prettyblueeyes's Comment

Written on: 16/01/2014

I've used Maybelline since. . .forever. I'm a former store and runway model. I've never, ever had a reaction until I used the latest Great Lash brownish black mascara. So disappointing. I've always had compliments on my eyes, but there certainly would have been only, "What happened to your swollen eyelids?" comments after I applied that mascara. Bausch and Lomb Lotemax, a prescription for blepharitis (allergic reaction of eyelids) got rid of it in 8 hours. Sheesh! I hope Maybelline corrects this immediately.

Lynwoody's Comment

Written on: 08/03/2014

I just came back from the doctors, after spending $75 for a cortizone shot after suffering the same swollen itchy eye symptoms. Only thing that changed over the past 10 days was that I purchased Greatlash mascara.
I have thown it out and will find one that is hypoallergenic!