Broken handle bracket after 5 trips!

• Durability

KarlyJenkins's review of Tripp - www.tripp.co.uk

Tripp - www.tripp.co.uk

“Broken handle bracket after 5 trips! ”

Written on: 22/08/2014 by KarlyJenkins (1 review written)

After returning from our holiday contacted Debenhams about the the handle bracket being broken on my Tripp suitcase after just 5 uses, they told me I had to phone Tripp direct which I done they told me I had to go to Debenhams! I asked about spares as it it just a case of screwing a new bracket on only to be told you can't get spares for Tripp luggage. So I am on my way to Debenhams now to see if they will replace it, after reading the reviews I am not holding my breath. I will define not be buying Tripp again if I do not get a replacement, I will let you know how I get on.

• Durability

• good

Size / Capacity

Written on: 04/09/2014

Good Morning,

I'm sorry to hear that you've had issues with your suitcase. We operate a 5 year guarantee on all of our products which covers all manufacturing faults but does not cover general wear and tear or damage sustained in transit eg by baggage handlers.

We do not provide spare parts for any of our suitcases however if you purchased the item in a Debenhams store, we would directly arrange an inspection in your nearest Debenhams store so we can ascertain if your item is covered under the guarantee.

If you could please contact us and we will be able to assist you with this.

Kind Regards

Tripp Customer Services

Mc1961's Comment

Written on: 04/10/2014

I also have the same issue.
Seems like it could be a Design fault? The self tapping screw into a plastic part isnt up to the job.
What is your advice to customers, to scrap a £50 plus case because you cant supply a spare plastic part costing a few pence?

Written on: 09/10/2014

Thank you for your comments.

If you could please contact us with your order details if you placed your order online, if in store then please send a copy of your receipt if you still have it. If you don't have your receipt if you could let us know the PO number (written on a label attached to the lining of the suitcase). This will tell me what range the item was from and I will be able to check if there have been any recurring issues with that particular product.

As stated above our guarantee will cover any manufacturing faults and we will replace the case for you. Please get in contact with us and we will arrange this for you.

We are unfortunately unable to provide spare parts due to the number of ranges we sell, all of varying sizes and colours meaning that there would be hundreds of componant parts we would need to have available at all times. Our ranges also change very regularly so it is not feasible to have all spare parts available for all products at all times as our products are also manufactured overseas. Some componant parts are removable whereas on some ranges you cannot remove the wheels/handles without damaging the case. If not fitted correctly this could also invalidate the guarantee.

I do appreciate your frustration and I will of course pass your feedback on. In place of this service, we do offer a guarantee to replace the item in case of any manufacturing defect.

Please email us and we will do what we can to help.

Kind Regards

Jackedoff's Comment

Written on: 06/09/2014

I have the same issue, only this was only the 2nd time my suitcase had been used. Please let me know the outcome of your trip to. Debenhams.
Jax

Written on: 09/10/2014

Thank you for your comments.

If you could get in touch with us with information about your product we will do what we can to assist you.

If your item was ordered online, please include your order number or delivery postcode. If your product was ordered in store then please send us an image of your receipt and also state the PO number (located on a label attached to the lining of the suitcase). I can then see what range the product is from in case there are any issues.

If you are able to, send us a photograph of the issue as well.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Debtow's Comment

Written on: 19/10/2014

I also have the same problem. I used my case for the first time and on the return trip when checking in at the airport both the top and side handles came away from the case.

I purchased my case at a Debenhams store but don't have my receipt - can I still obtain a replacement?

Written on: 23/10/2014

Thank you for your message.

Could you please email us with your details and we will ask your nearest Debenhams store to call you to invite you in for an inspection.

Our 5 year guarantee covers all faults in the manufacturing process so once we have confirmed the faults are covered under our guarantee we can get this exchanged for you. We do not need the receipt, we can tell if the case is within 5 years from the batch number which is written on a label attached to the lining.

We look forward to hearing from you so we can get this resolved quickly and offer our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Debtow's Comment

Written on: 15/11/2014

Thank you. I purchased the case from the sheffield meadowhall store. I am happy to take the case into store for assessment.