Wheel came off.

• Durability

Badtripp's review of Tripp - www.tripp.co.uk

Tripp - www.tripp.co.uk

“Wheel came off.”

Written on: 09/09/2013 by Badtripp (1 review written)

I bought an ultra glide trip suitcase a couple of years back. Unfortunately I now use it as storage as after only a few uses one of the wheels has come off. When I went wrote to Tripp customer services I was told 'From the initial inspection of the images this damage appears to have been caused in transit, normally if a wheel has come away from the case this is classed as airline damage' and that there was nothing they could do as I live in Paris I can't bring it in to a Tripp store to be examined.

Obviously I don't want to pay the luggage few to drag a broken bag back to Ireland so someone can look at it.I really wish I had bought a bag better able to 'be in transit' and also with a more internationally friendly customer service.

• Durability

Trippluggage's Response to Badtripp's Review

Written on: 10/09/2013

We're sorry that your wheel came off your Ultra Glide suitcase purchased in 2009. Unfortunately on this occasion from the initial inspection of the photo you sent to us, we were unable to confirm that this was a manufacturing fault and so would require the case to be looked at in person by one of our expert Tripp members of staff in store.

Our 5 year guarantee covers defects in the manufacture of the case but does not cover a normal amount of wear and tear or transit damage.

As we are a UK company, at the moment we are currently only able to ship orders to the UK, Ireland, Denmark and Germany and we only have stores in the UK, Germany and Ireland in which to arrange an inspection for you.

I appreciate your frustration and we would be happy to inspect the case further in one of our stores.

Kind Regards