Fault Admitted. Refused to recompense me

• Durability

RuislipRacoon's review of First Luggage www.firstluggage.com

“Fault Admitted. Refused to recompense me ”

Written on: 06/04/2016 by RuislipRacoon (1 review written)

FIRST LUGGAGE DELIVERY OF ONE CASE My case was collected 10 days before I was scheduled to arrive at my destination. I was told it would probably arrive during the week prior to my arrival. I telephoned on the previous Friday to find out if it had been delivered and was told that it was in Funchal (Madeira) at the depot. I was asked if I would like it to be delivered that day,but I told the assistant there was no urgency since I was not arriving until Monday.....however, I would be arriving early in the morning.

I didn't panic when it was not there when we arrived, nor indeed until after 2pm. I then telephoned the UK. They promised to look into the matter. When I telephoned again some time later, to give them their due they had contacted Funchal and insisted that they deliver the case that evening....after 8pm. The reason given for the delay was that there had been a bottle-neck in Portugal & everything was delayed by 72 hours. But they had 10 days in which to deliver, and it was in Madeira on the Friday. HQ offered me a £15.00 voucher, but refused to turn this into cash. This in no way compensates me for phone calls, not having a change of clothing for the first day of my 7 night holiday, and the time taken hanging around making calls etc. I think it is sad that for a small amount of cash they could not, or would not, make a goodwill gesture for their failure to deliver on time.