Damaged parcel, no compensation: avoid them!!

• Durability

CamDej's review of First Luggage www.firstluggage.com

First Luggage www.firstluggage.com

“Damaged parcel, no compensation: avoid them!!”

Written on: 31/07/2014 by CamDej (1 review written)

A fortnight ago, I used First Luggage services to send a medium suitcase from London to Paris. My suitcase was absolutely brand new (first use!), in rigid plastic, with 4 wheels. On the collection day, I was firstly surprised when a DHL driver came to collect it, as it is not specified on the website. He did not act very professionally and tried to refuse to take the documents First Luggage explicitly said to give him whether he was aware of them it or not...
4 days later, my suitcase was delivered on time but DISPLAYING HEAVY DAMAGES: large bumps which deformed the edges (edges smashed inwards), heavy scratches, nailed chrome finish, dust…
In one word, my suitcase was brand new and shiny when it left, out of shape and worn out when it arrived: I will have to replace it. I do not imagine how I would have felt if it had been a Vuitton or Lancel luggage, carried and handled (most likely thrown and dropped) by DHL like a dirty parcel… I was literally shocked when it arrived, this is not acceptable, all the more for a so-called “VIP” service!!! Last but not least, I have up to now sent four messages to First Luggage Customer Service and Customer “Care” to claim a compensation for the damages, and they keep on turning a deaf ear to my complaints. This may be the outmost outrage after this outrageous service.
Avoid them!