Customer Service is shocking to the point there is none

• Quality of Incentives

Guest's review of Nectar Card

“Customer Service is shocking to the point there is none”

Written on: 31/07/2014

The call centre in India (because that's where it is) requires some training on how best to deal with customers. When I asked about the whereabouts of points that should have been refunded back to my account within 24 hours as explained to me by the Nectar agent I spoke to yesterday, the agent I spoke to today started going on about my husband's cards (seems he has two?) and wanted to delete one of them from the system. This was not why I had phoned and I had not once mentioned removing a card but she seems hellbent on doing it to the point where I asked to speak to the supervisor the first time. Shouting when someone merely asks them to repeat something as they didn't quite catch it is unacceptable. Putting someone on hold for 5 minutes without coming back onto the line and letting the customer know they hadn't forgotten about them should be as standard. Telling a customer one thing and being very emphatic about it only for said customer to find this is completely incorrect to the point of customer having driven all the way to Sainsbury's is unacceptable. Telling a customer they were about to speak to the supervisor, keeping them holding for 5 minutes and then the original agent coming back on the line is unacceptable. Telling a customer they were not stopping them from speaking to a supervisor but continuing to speak at the customer about the issues is unacceptable. I have gone beyond wanting to speak to the monkey, I want the grinder at this point. To top it off claiming it takes 3 days to refund nectar points when they were suddenly able to do in 5 minutes as a 'SPECIAL GESTURE' doesn't sit well with me. 3 days is highly inconvenient but 5 minutes is great and satisfies customers. I also dislike being spoken over it makes me more irate and is rude. I hope to never ever have to phone the nectar helpline again.

• Quality of Incentives