REWARD CARD RIPOFF!

• Quality of Incentives

Guest's review of Monsoon Reward Scheme

“REWARD CARD RIPOFF!”

Written on: 08/03/2013

I feel I have been done by the Monsoon Reward card scheme! I've been shopping in Monsoon for years, usually purchasing sale items as full price are a bit expensive. In November 2011, I was asked to join the Reward Card scheme. It sounded a bit like the Boots Advantage card ie. for every pound you spend you earn a point and as the points add up you can use them as discount on a future purchase. It sounded like a good idea so I signed up. Soon afterwards my card arrived in the post and I set to work accumulating points. Interestingly, I found myself going to Monsoon a little more often than usual because I had the card and after just over a year I had collected almost 400 points. That's a spend of £400 which sounds like a lot but as I was now buying more full price items the points were accumulating easily. I waited eagerly for my voucher to arrive and last week it did! It was for £10. I thought there must be a mistake so checked my online account. I had 394 points accumulated since November 2011. I then phoned up customer service and they informed me that of my 394 points, 130 had expired as they only last a year on the card. I couldn't believe it...... THE POINTS EXPIRE!!! Apparently, I should have read about that in the small print terms and conditions. Anyway, I thought I would cheer myself up by taking trip to Moonsoon today to use my £10 voucher. I picked up a top in the sale, decided to buy it and went to pay at the desk. Unfortunately, the voucher could not be used as the item was in the sale. I couldn't believe it...... YOU CAN'T USE IT IN THE SALE!!! I left the shop with no purchase and my £10 voucher which is currently no good to me and it expires in 2 months, yes, THE VOUCHER EXPIRES!!!
I'm not sure I could be bothered anymore. All this retail manipulation is exhausting.
Monsoon, the card is getting cut up and our love affair is officially over....

• Quality of Incentives

Louwheel's Comment

Written on: 16/04/2014

Hello, In totally empathize with you . The Monsoon card does not reflect customer loyalty and the accumulated points expire!!!! I have been using my card in Monsoon for years and never received a voucher. I telephoned today and the customer service is poor. I have been informed that their system has my old address despite me updating their system on line with the correct one over two years ago. Told to phone head office.....really, if they where valuing their customers, surely they would do it and come back with a timely response?