Written on: 10/04/2013 by PSembhi (3 reviews written)
This restaurant is nestled in the beautiful Hilton London Syon Park Hotel, with such lovely surroundings our expectations were high.
Those who know me will know I very rarely complain about anything! I am very particular with my food but always make sure I make the right choice to avoid disappointment. Yes sometimes one of the courses may not be quite to taste but for myself and every member of my family to find all 3 courses to be disappointing is really not acceptable!
The problems with our experience:
- The food was all cold, after just a few bites it was practically inedible
- The waiters did not know the menu at all (they actually lied about one of the elements of a dish) it almost seemed as though they had no training at all
- They delivered one of our steaks rare when we requested medium rare
- The actual taste of the food was poor, it was tasteless and none of us finished any of our courses
- The price paid can only be described as excruciatingly painful!!! As it was my brothers 21st birthday meal we chose not to make a formal complaint at the time as we did not want to ruin the atmosphere of the evening, however we will most certainly be doing so now.
On a more positive note, the drinks were incredible! I had a cucumber, elderflower and apple cocktail and a raspberry cocktail with a mango foam on the top.
As rated by real users
" More than just sushi " Read More
Written by gnewmana
" Just not Indian " Read More
Written by Jamie1945
" Most amazing food " Read More
" Aladin Brick Lane - Best Indian Restaurant In London " Read More
" I used to visit this cafe very often when I worked in the area. Foo... " Read More
Written by garycole