Yelp's dirty practices

Guest's review of Yelp - www.yelp.com

“Yelp's dirty practices”

Written on: 27/12/2013

I am not surprised when I read the other reviews about Yelp. I thought I was the only one that felt Yelp was not honest and they have a very biased review system.
If you call them their answer is, it the Robot that decides which review is good to keep and which one to hide. The Robot is programmed to keep all the bad ones and hide the good ones unless you pay yelp.
I am glad i only have one bad review and which is baseless but I believe everyone is entitled to their opinion good,bad, honest or dishonest.It is Yelp's job to control the reviews and not just blindly throw some algorithm and let the Robot take the blame for human decisions. Like they say garbage in garbage out. The Robot is programmed to do that. I have friends that always complain about the one bad one and 20 good ones even though they are from genuine clients but Yelp hides all the 20 and forces the reviewer to write more review to make them feel credible. Instead of rewarding the reviewer for taking their time to log into Yelp create an account and write a review, Yelp punishes them for writing a good review by saying the reviewer is not credible. What happened to Good Old American values. I don't think Yelp knows that this countries economy thrives on small mom and pop businesses and because of their biased review system there are many doors closed. Yes they might have millions and millions reviewers as they claim but who has checked their credibility, I am sure it is not a third party company. If Yelp says your credibility comes from how many reviews you write on Yelp one can sit for a week and find any restaurant, hair dresser, dry cleaners, doctors, lawyers, and many more businesses you find on Yelp and write few lines whether you even have been to those actual businesses. There is no way in the world for Yelp to find that you have been to any of the vendors you review about. They may say they can check the IP address and email well it is very simple to create thousand different email addresses and you can go to many different computers from libraries, to schools, to universities, to friends and Apple stores.
I had to vent as, for the first time I was putting a good review for a store from where I just ordered a Holiday gift and came across Yelp reviews and was surprised to see this as there is no place to review the giant review company itself.
I hope others can post their feeling about Yelp and may be they will see the light at the other end of the tunnel one day.

Steppenblume's Comment

Written on: 01/05/2014

I can only agree without restriction - Yelp is by far the worst rating portal - good reviews are simply deleted without any sense and only bad and very questionable appears. This is a simply not legal and dirty.