absoluthtely NO support without more money.

• Quality

Vacheron's review of Blue Crystal Software Kennel Connection

Blue Crystal Software Kennel Connection

“absoluthtely NO support without more money.”

Written on: 06/07/2013 by Vacheron (1 review written)

The support for Blue Crystal Software Kennel Software is humorous. I have owned this software for 10 years after the first 3 years the calendar section has not worked properly. When I called for support they couldn't tell me the problem or fix it so I have lived that way while looking for other software. Recently, I am updating my prices, so I can transfer them into the other software I have purchased and it will not let us enter that section. We called and they said we had to UPGRADE. Getting into your own system to change things should NEVER need an upgrade! that ability comes with EACH software package for the life of that software. Mark is ridiculous and I encourage you to look into other software. If you would like my help with that please contact me via email. I am a kennel owner NOT a software salesman. I would really like MARK to help me. however, so far he has been unwilling to do that without my upgrading. that is degrading!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the software itself, if it would work properly for more that a year at Bot have to upgrade for my system to work properly and as advertised for my version.

• Quality

Bluecrystal's Response to Vacheron's Review

Written on: 16/08/2013

This is Mark, the owner of Blue Crystal Software. Without knowing who this reviewer is, it will be tough to state what the possible problem is. However, based on the information posted, I can only assume that the writer is writing about our KC4 product, which we stopped supporting at the end of 2007 (KC4.5 came out in 2004, and KC5 came out in 2006).

In 2005, we realized that the built-in calendar functions would not go beyond the end of 2005, so we corrected that and issued a patch to update the software to work through 2020. This was both for our KC4 and KC4.5 products.

At the time we stopped supporting both products, we made sure both were solid. Again, without knowing who you are, I do not know what you are looking for, but can only assume you want more features to be added to that product, which we won't do. However, we have many clients that still use our older products without fail every day, and they see no need to upgrade, and we see no reason to require them to.

If you have a problem with your older, retired product, there are updates available for them. Perhaps you didn't update to the latest when it came available? There was no charge for the updates for those products. Email me and I'll be glad to do everything I can for you, as always.