Any Interior Designer but Linda Barker Please!

Guest's review of 60 Minute Makeover

“Any Interior Designer but Linda Barker Please!”

Written on: 27/05/2011

I know interior design tastes can be very subjective but whenever I see the designer for the show of the day to be Linda Barker, my spine shudders! Some people might like her style but I find her colours usually too strong and her designs to be somewhat over-the-top or reminds me of the colours of the '70's. In the latest 60mm show, Ms Barker "made-over" a kitchen and to me, it looked like a cross between a chewing gum and licorice (pink walls with black and white checked tiles, arraghh!). If my friends were to surprise me with a 60min makeover and Linda Barker turns up to be the designer, I would really be so horrified that I would cry, cry, and cry, and my friendship with my friends would end right there!!!! To me, it would be a 60 min NIGHTMARE makeover, instead of a dream makeover....but then, there must be some other people who like her design and style, and who think she's "good". Otherwise , she would not have been so successful and so rich. I still won't want her pass my front door though!

Guest's Comment

Written on: 23/04/2012

I totally agree with you. My heart sinks for the home owners when I see LB pitch up! Everything she does ends up looking so cheap, just like back in the day on Changing Rooms. Some of her ideas are seriously hideous. What she did today in the home of an older couple in Surrey was horrific! I had to switch off before the big reveal lol