Sub-standard & unreliable for the critical legal moment

145Hopper's review of Optima Legal - www.360.optimalegal.co.uk

“Sub-standard and unreliable for the critical legal moment”

Written on: 02/09/2014 by 145Hopper (1 review written)

I was purchasing my ex-husband's share in our property on the divorce settlement. My mortgage lender assigned this firm to handle the loan funds disbursement to my appointed divorce and conveyancing law firm. The law firm kept my cash funds (30%) and awaited the mortgage proceeds (70%). The mortgage lender assured me no problem a month before the transaction date. The law firm checked with Optima a few days before the transaction date to make sure the mortgage lender's timely disbursement and advised me that everything was fine. On the transaction date that the judge designated, the funds from Optima did not come. The law firm called me and I rang Optima. Optima said to me: 'Hey, You know, the mortgage is short of the divorce settlement amount... what are u gonna do about't?'. I said 'Cash is there already since last week. We are only waiting for your funds....you know, the judge would charge the delayed interest on the whole amount and not only on the mortgage amount....'. Optima answered '....! well,...... ok. ok.' . Then in an hour, a text message that 'Optima was sending money' arrived on my mobile but the funds of course did not arrive in time. In fact, it was credited in 2 business days. Nevertheless my divorce law firm negotiated with the adversary law firm and spared the delayed interest on the settlement. It could have been a couple of hundreds sterling pounds........ Lucky you, Optima!