Not interested

From 1 review

Josephine445's review of Law Society www.lawsociety.org.uk

“Not interested”

Written on: 27/03/2014 by Josephine445 (1 review written)

As the subject of Access to justice is such a hot potato, I was expecting the Law Society to show a modicum of interest when Axa Legal Expenses Insurance rejected my claim for a legal costs indemnity on the demonstrably incorrect advice of its panel solicitors, Irwin Mitchell.

An independent solicitor - a specialist in his field - confirmed that I had a good case, but Axa, on the advice of its panel solicitors, simply wasn't interested in honouring my policy.

My case could have been used as a test case, but the powers that be at the Law Society proceeded to ignore my emails for months on end and then, eventually, due to my persistent reminders and phone calls to the effect that my letters had been ignored, someone responsible for access to justice emailed me, agreeing with my concerns, only to advise that I would have to fund the test case myself! As if.

In the end, despite the complete absence of assistance from Axa, the Law Society and the FOS, I conducted the litigation myself, (successfully).

What hope is there for the Consumer and the principle of Access to Justice for All when the Law Society is so flaccid?