Cheap & now we know why!!

MartinW2016's review of Harmony Law - www.harmonylaw.co.uk

“Cheap and now we know why!!”

Written on: 17/03/2017 by MartinW2016 (1 review written)

I selected Harmony Law to carry out the conveyancing required for my house purchase. I did so despite the reviews which I had previously read because I foolishly thought that my requirements were so simple that taking the cheapest quote was quite safe. I had no property to sell, my vendor had no property to buy, I was buying with cash so no mortgage was involved and my vendor was already
my landlord and we therefore knew each other personally. It is difficult to imagine a simpler transaction!!

I explained to Harmony Law before paying my deposit (the only thing they did efficiently) that I was looking for a quick completion (as I knew my vendor was also) and was promised that, given my circumstances, this should not be a problem.

I was assigned a conveyancer within 5 days - but then nothing happened!!! At one point, I was emailed a document and raised one issue which I needed clarifying. It was a further 5 weeks before I was told that this issue would now be raised with the vendor's solicitors (by which time I had in any case resolved it amicably with the vendor directly). I had to constantly chase the conveyancer with no response - no emails, no answered phone calls, no responses to voicemail messages - and it was only when I threatened to make a complaint that (miraculously) the matter finally got resolved.

The total time taken to complete this transaction was 5 months!!!! I was told that the vendor was not returning information - however, since I had personal contact with the vendor throughout, I know that this was not true - this company will say anything to get you off their backs.

It is quite clear that they are not competent to handle the quantity of work which they take on - and they have NO communication skills (something which they admitted to me) - and no concept of customer care.

Unless you are happy for your conveyancing to take a very long period of time to complete, do not use them - I know you may end up paying a little more for a competent firm - but you will save yourself an enormous amount of stress by doing so!!!

Quite comfortably the worst customer service experience I have ever encountered - and by the way, they don't care!!!

Oh and they wasted £100 of their fee paying a fine because once the completion of the transaction had taken place, they failed to register it with the Land Registry in time - be prepared to receive a threatening letter from the Land Registry if you use Harmony Law!! And do not pay the fine - that is their responsibility.