Very serious issues

Guest's review of Deed Poll Office - www.deedpolloffice.com

“Very serious issues ”

Written on: 23/07/2013

I posted my application on a monday recorded delivery, it was signed for on the tuesday. By Friday I had received no email as promised telling me that my application was being processed. On the following monday I rang to ask when I was likely to receive my documents and I was told that there had been a "muddle" When I asked the person to elaborate on "muddle" I was told that it had been processed but they had "simply forgotten" to post it. when it's something as big as a name change, I really expect better than this. Thankfully I had thought it all through as my option to change my mind by email did not come and I fully believe that had I not rang for an update I would probably still be waiting for my documents. This is not a service I would recommend to anyone. I'd like to think that this was a one off but my confidence in this service has been very seriously rocked and and I would strongly urge anyone thinking of using this service to ring on a daily basis for updates. After my phone call I then received an influx of emails, including the one I should have received before my application was processed. Really not impressed.

Deedpolloffice's Comment

Written on: 24/07/2013

I represent Deed Poll Office.

When this customer rung us, we were honest about why there was a delay in this application—it was an administrative error and that was it.

The customer didn't receive a confirmation e-mail straightaway because they applied by post, and not through the online form.

This is the first time a delay of this sort has ever happened with us. We're proud of our efficiency, and it was embarrassing for us.

In fact, when the customer rang us, we offered to refund 50% of the total fee (while the customer was at the phone) which they accepted. It would have been fairer if the customer had mentioned this in the review.