Rude, arrogant, inept & completely unhelpful. AVOID!

Sickov_Anti-service's review of Carpenters Solicitors - www.carpenterssolicitors.co.uk

“Rude, arrogant, inept and completely unhelpful. AVOID!”

Written on: 14/08/2014 by Sickov_Anti-service (31 reviews written)

Supposedly tasked with resolving my car insurance claim by Tesco (with whom I had the insurance).

The member of staff assigned to me we will call 'Bush'.
On writing to this person, I asked if the third party had changed their mind and could they do this (I had previously received a letter stating the third party had admitted liability).

Bush responded stating that they had not received any correspondence from them...GET OFF YOUR BACKSIDE AND CONTACT THEM THEN!
Needless to say they didn't at any point contact them, as I had asked.

Bush stated that third party can admit liability by letter and then withdraw it. How? Why? What had changed. I never received any answer to this.

And all the time person kept repeating 'please fill in the questionnaires, please fill in the questionnaires' - I have given my details to FIVE different companies that Tesco outsources the various jobs to. I explained that if the third party had changed their mind it would not be worth filling in the questionnaires. This fell on deaf ears.
'Bush' refused to contact any other party for information.

Rude, arrogant & unhelpful. None of the questions / issues were answered / resolved. I washed my hands of the situation as this point and refused to communicate with Carpenters again.

Overall I lost out to the tune of £145, that was AFTER Direct Line had sent me a cheque to cover my excess. This was a light car park prang, around 5mph speed at impact.

Alephneil's Response to Sickov_Anti-service's Review

Written on: 04/12/2015

Excuse me, but could you please check that you have the right "Carpenters". There are two unrelated firms "Carpenter & Coe" based in Wallington and "Carpenters Law" based in Birkenhead.

Your story sounds to me like it relates to Carpenters Law (who specialize in motor insurance and claims handling) and not Carpenter & Coe (who do not). However, your review uses the domain name and logo of Carpenter & Coe. If you have got the wrong firm, please could you amend or take down this review.

[Note: the firm's name is not "Carpenter & Coe" - in fact the final word is only two letters long. However, this website will not let me publish this comment if it contains the word you get by taking the first two letters of the word 'coe'.]

Sickov_Anti-Service's reply to Alephneil's Comment

Written on: 04/12/2015

Yes, you have eluded to the poor design of this website in your note.

I too have mentioned this to the gimps that run it, but they feel it is excellent. Indeed not being able to delete or edit ones reviews is, to them probably 'a feature'.