It is not a Mountfield

Guest's review of Mountfield BE2800 Garden Vac Blower

Mountfield BE2800 Garden Vac Blower

“It is not a Mountfield”

Written on: 02/01/2012

This machine is not a genuine Mountfield. It is manufactured by BandQ under license, although it does not say that anywhere on the packaging. I found out as the bag connector broke (it is very flimsy). A call to Mountfield said that they did not support spares for this item as it was not manufactured by them but by B&Q. I felt defrauded by this. I bought the machine on the back of Mountfield's quality reputation. I would not have bought a B&Q made machine if I had known. Although spare bags are available, there are no spares for other parts, including the black plastic connector.
So how good is the machine? Terrible! It blocks very easily, especially with wet leaves. The bag is too small and it is very heavy. I would not recommend it, neither would I buy anything with Mountfield's name on it as now I have no trust that it is actually made by them. B&Q were very unhelpful, no spares are available. Buy at your own peril.