Won't start until it has fully cooled down

From 1 review

Guest's review of Yardworks 139cc 21-in 2-in-1 Gas Lawn Mower

Yardworks 139cc 21-in 2-in-1 Gas Lawn Mower

“Won't start until it has fully cooled down”

Written on: 23/08/2012

I have just purchased ‘Yardworks 139 cc PowerMore™ OHV engine Lawn Mower’ from Canadian Tire.

I used it twice and each time it would not start after it had been used until it had fully cooled down.

Example: I would cut the backyard and turn it off to move to the front yard but it would not start no matter what. I went back to it 45minutes later and it started fine.

Canadian Tire will not honour the 2-pull guarantee and I didn't even have it for 10 days at that time. I am now stuck with this and I am desperate to hear that there is a fix.

I did have it sent in for ‘warranty’ – and the technician that looked at it could not mimic the problem. Off the record, he did tell me that it is a poor design due to it no longer have the primer option and something about the choke (too technical for me) He also said that it takes some muscle to get it going once it is warmed up. (I’m a 5’3” female which apparently doesn’t have the strength required . . . I lug steel scuba tanks around regularly so I am not a weakling either!)

PS - I would like to add a ‘buyer beware’ for anyone that relies on reviews, as I have in the past.

• Petrol/Gas