hayter 41 mower

Guest's review of Hayter Harrier 41

Hayter Harrier 41

“hayter 41 mower”

Written on: 08/06/2012

I have owned a Hayter Harrier 41 412C with electric start and is self propelled. The major issue with this model is the strength of the rear roller support brackets which are made of cast aluminium. In 7 years , I have replaced the right hand bracket three times. It is not a difficult job to replace the right hand bracket yourself but practice makes it easier and I have had plenty of practice. This bracket is just not strong enough to take lateral stresses for any great period of time. My lawn is not shaped so I can go up and down so if you have to negotiate obstacles such as trees this puts a strain on the brackets. The fact that the local agent has these parts in stock virtually all the time speaks volumes for how may other owners must have experienced this.The brackets break just below the fixing points.
Now the left hand rear roller bracket has broken. This is a first so I am contemplating having a go at replacing it myself. Wish me luck!!.

I will not be buying another Hayter lawn mower till they stop using aluminium for these brackets.