AVOID AT ALL COSTS

Guest's review of Hayter Envoy

Hayter Envoy

“AVOID AT ALL COSTS”

Written on: 19/10/2011

After 15 years of good service my Qualcast mower finally fell apart. I decided to upgrade to a more upmarket mower. Big mistake.

I bought my first Hayter Envoy in 2006. It lasted exactly 3 years before the motor burned out. Because it actually cuts well, I bought another. This one lasted 2 years before again, the motor failed, showing signs of burning inside. This time I complained to the supplier and they took my case up with Hayter. They supplied me with a new motor and covered half the cost although I still had to pay £50. On the very day I got it back, it lasted precisely 5 minutes before it started smoking!!! Yet again, terminal failure of the motor.

2 weeks since returning it yet again, I am still waiting for a resolution of this.

I will never again buy any Hayter product and advise anyone reading this to do the same.

• Electric

Power Type

Turner60's Comment

Written on: 20/07/2012

Update to my review above. An entire batch of electric motors had been supplied with the wrong capacitors, hence the failures. However, since yet another new motor was supplied last October with the correct electrics, it too has failed.

So, in 5 years 4 motors have failed. What a dismal record.