Shady practice

Guest's review of Ideal Image Laser Hair Removal - www.idealimage.com

Ideal Image Laser Hair Removal - www.idealimage.com

“Shady practice”

Written on: 15/01/2013

I started with my bikini and underarms last year an have been pleased thus far. I was so pleased that I thought I would do my upper lip and legs; with the interest free financing how could I not?
After further reflection, I discovered my finances couldn't really handle an additional payment. I sent an email to the salesperson indicating such and never received a reply. I called their office and low and behold they are closed today. On a whim, I checked the balance on the card I signed up for...they already charged me for the full amount! I haven't even had treatment on the new areas yet. They charged it at the end of December and my appt isn't until mid-January! The card company can't help. The customer service call center can't help. I have to wait for calls back from a supervisor and will have to deal with the specific location/salesperson to get this resolved. And my first payment is due at the beginning of February...for services I haven't received.
I would have happily recommended Ideal Image after my first transaction (albeit the prices are astronomical), but the business practice of charging people before they receive services is completely shady and unethical. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can get out of this mess.

Cleocatra6's Comment

Written on: 17/03/2013

I am in this same situation, have you received any remedy? I am being told by Ideal that the contract is non-cancellable unless you have skin cancer or AIDS!

Tful's Comment

Written on: 19/03/2013

Because I hadn't started treatment, I actually ended up getting a full refund; no penalties, surcharges, or fees.
I was told that I probably would never get the seem deal (70% off) and that I couldn't get my legs treated in the future since I cancelled, but the next sentence was, "But we're here if you change your mind". Huh?
P.S. I never received the return call from the customer service supervisor.

Katai's Comment

Written on: 02/04/2013

I'm going through this at this moment. I haven't started my treatments at all and dont plan on it. Who did you contacvt to cancel and get no penalties and refund or surcharges for this.

Lauravaldez's Comment

Written on: 24/12/2013

hi there... Did you find out who to contact?

Kittykatprincess's Comment

Written on: 11/04/2013

You should probably go to the center in person...duh lol