Painful waste of $$$

Guest's review of Ideal Image Laser Hair Removal - www.idealimage.com

Ideal Image Laser Hair Removal - www.idealimage.com

“Painful waste of $$$”

Written on: 16/06/2012

I did a fair amount of research before deciding to go with Ideal Image. I will admit I fell for the "only RNs, MD run, high tech this and that" pressure sell that I was given. The price was very high, but comparable to other places in my area. After my money (over 3K) was in their hand; I was just an appointment. I will say the the woman at the front desk was AMAZING; very friendly, kind and welcoming. About half way through my treatments (Brazilian, underarms and upper lip) I discussed with the provider that I was not noticing much, if any, result with my lip. "It's a tougher area to treat, you may have a hormonal imbalance." So I went to my doctor and was tested for hormonal problems - nothing (but the lab bill). I was on no meds and was originally told I was a perfect candidate. So, the treatments for that area are moved up to every 8 weeks. On my 7th treatment I finally noticed some result. Between my 8th and 9th treatment everything that was there before returned. My 9th "final" treatment?? I was asked about reduction amount (however, I was not asked about sun exposure, meds or medical changes; none of these occured but she was in such a hurry that she never even asked.) I told her that there was not much of any change since my treatment. She told me she would go over the area twice. At this point, I have been doing this for alomst two years and have had some sensitive areas treated. She pushed the goggles on my face and got started. I could not tolerate the sensation. She hit my lip five times and then asked if I was ok. I told her that this had never hurt so much. She said it may be because this is the highest setting for my skin type. She gave me an ice pack and asked if it stung more than before. I told her yes, it did. She said she was not going to go over it twice (or even finish the parts she had not gotten with that pass) but she would extend me an additional treatment at no cost. NO COST? By now, I've paid $3143 to still have hair on my lip AND Brazilian area. She proceded to put a combination of aloe and lidocaine cream ALL over my mouth and up my nose and told me to leave it on this thick for now. When I got in the car I figured out why. My lip was burned so badly it was nearly brown. After three more applications of aloe, the redness subsided enough to see what I can only describe as scars...dark brown splotches across my entire upper lip.

PLEASE strongly consider all hair removal options before chosing laser hair removal. I will admit that my underarms and the majority of my bikini area worked very well, but not without a price. Ideal Image may seem like a good option because of the financing and the hard sell; but Ideal Image will likely cost you more than just your money.

Ideal Image Development Corporation's Comment

Written on: 20/06/2012

We apologize that you did not enjoy your experience with us. Ideal Image strives to provide the best customer service to our guests. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact our Customer Service Department at 813-286-8100 so that we may work to improve your guest experience.