It's a laptop. It does the job nicely.

• Screen Quality

• Battery Life

Guest's review of Toshiba Satellite Pro L20

Toshiba Satellite Pro L20

“It's a laptop. It does the job nicely.”

Written on: 18/08/2013

Now receiving this laptop for free from a local school was something great, as this model was the first laptop I've ever owned. The keyboard feels great to type on, ad the screen looks quite clear. I do prefer matte screens over the glossy one's and this happens to be matte. The WiFi is pretty good for it's age and I can pick up from quite a way aways. The build quality of this laptop is also very good seeing as it feels as if it's not going to fall apart instantly upon being picked up. Although, being originally built for Windows XP (Which is quite outdated these days...) I am able to easily install the latest Ubuntu Linux releases with full 3D support on Unity. The hard drive in this laptop is a Toshiba 40GB (Stock) from which being used for 5 years solid it has only developed 1 bad sector. It seems to be a very reliable drive and hasn't failed anything on me yet. The speakers arn't the greatest on this laptop. They're pretty quiet and I haven't heard the best sound quality, but they do work at least. A few bad things about this laptop have to be the battery life and the heat. It does get incredibly hot very quickly, probably the Intel Celeron M's fault as I have seen them get pretty hot... For example the Hard Drive is currently running at 47º which is quite hot for a HDD... Battery life is decent. Not the worlds best. I can get about 2:30hours to about 3 hours on constant use which is okay. I looked at some stuff on-line about this laptop and although, it saying it's maximum RAM is 2GB of DDR2, I got this thing to work with 3GB. It didn't like 4GB, but 3GB is enough for daily tasks anyway. I can even play some steam games on this thing at about 30FPS on low. Overall I think it's a great laptop, would recommend it for the average user.

• 1 - 6 Months