Day 1 - Unusable, Month 3 Broken

• Screen Quality

• Battery Life

jodoev's review of Lenovo G580

Lenovo G580

“Day 1 - Unusable, Month 3 Broken”

Written on: 24/02/2013 by jodoev (4 reviews written)

Why oh why do I keep gambling to save a few quid and getting my fingers burnt? Note to self - spend a little extra, buy a quality brand and stop wasting time and money. And don't buy Lenovo!

To be fair, the Lenovo G580 looks and feels great apart from the fact that the mousepad makes it nigh on impossible to use. It takes numerous attempts to scroll down, seems the activate the Windows 8 at random moments and is just generally uncommunicative. It's not user error because it's fine with a peripheral mouse.

So not really happy but then things got worse. After three months of ownership the battery has completely failed. They are sending me a new one but are making me wait until they get the old one back first. I can therefore use it plugged into the mains but not as a laptop.

Whilst reporting the battery failure, I also reported the mousepad issue. This, I'm told, is something that they don't fix until you've re-installed the drivers and / or reset the machine back to factory settings.

I'm an IT Consultant but really don't fancy entering into these realms, primarily because it never works and secondly, because they should have sold me a working machine.

I can see I am going to get nowhere with the mousepad issue and have no faith in the product anyway. So, I will sell and buy a reputable brand, which is what I should have done in the first place.

• 1 - 6 Months